In this episode, meet author Caren McLellan Gazley, whose wisdom and friendship have mentored me for most of my adult life. Her career has centered around being of service, whether under the umbrella of faith communities or international humanitarian work. Grab a warm, steamy drink, dim the lights and press play to be transported to my kitchen table with us.
Our in-depth conversation covers:
- how Caren's journey brought self care under a spotlight
- the kind of pacing and care that can help one sustain a career in service of others
- finding the way into our own solutions and tools
- taking self care from the realm of luxury to necessity
- why it's not as simple as following a formula
Caren McLellan Gazley is a soul care specialist and human rights activist whose work has led her to places like Mauritania and Albania. Still an L.A. girl at heart, Caren has deep wisdom drawing from her rich personal experiences about caring for yourself in the midst of parenting, partnerships, community and passionate work. She is the author of Ritual & Rhythm: A Guide for Creative Self Care.