In this episode, Jen interviews Michael Nobbs, the creator of sustainablycreative.com and the author of Drawing Your Life: Learn to See, Record and Appreciate Life's Small Joys. Listen in to the conversation as Michael and Jen talk:
- time, sufficiency and the pervasive pressures of the internet
- Michael's journey: from diagnosis to drawing to a creative career
- the artists and works that have inspired and influenced Michael along the way
- "Murder She Wrote" and becoming an author
- and how to build trust in the model of working slowly, with time on your side.
Michael Nobbs is a full-time artist, blogger and tea drinker (not necessarily in that order). He is author of the popular blog, Sustainably Creative and writes, tweets and podcasts about drawing and trying to keep things simple. In the late 1990s he was diagnosed with ME/CFS and over the last decade and a half he has learnt a lot about sustaining a creative career with limited energy. His new book, Drawing Your Life (made one page at a time!) was be published by Penguin/Perigee Books on 5th March.